Monday, September 1, 2008

Failure or Success?

What do you write about when your heart, your soul, and your ego are so bruised that inspiration hides in the darkest, most distant corner of your mind?

How do you cope with finally picking up a pen after 1+ yrs of avoiding it, only to find that you grasp for words and your mind wanders in such a disarrayed way that it's almost as bad as if it were blank?
Where do you find solace and safety?

I'd given up. Totally; completely. However, a heroic team made out of an enlightened youngster and a stranger have stirred up that dormant element in my life.

Now, I wonder what to do with it. When everything hurts and aches so much, how do you cough it up in a way that is both beautiful and coherent? Where do you start?

And so I sit alone, listening to Albinoni, watching the tree leaves swing in the breeze and I debate whether to get a glass of wine to free the "uninhibited me"... and i come up with a page full of gibberish.

Do I take it as a failure or as success?

I wonder what they would think. Would they be proud or ashamed of this unannounced, unsolicited apprentice? Would they cheer me on, or just shrug and move on?

Mad Hatter, Miss Alice - Should i keep it up or quit while I'm ahead?

1 comment:

Toto said...

Definetly go ahead and spill your beans! You know, every moment whether comic or tragic deserves a story. The best part of it is that however personal we decide to make the story or however foreign it helps you understand where you came from and it helps to envision where you're going. The Cheshire said it best to answer Alice's question of where she ought to go: "That depends a good deal on where you want to get to." Some entries will be bad, others will be good. Others will be masterpieces. But rest assured, none will be failures. I don't know you and you found your way into the tea party. That's how I know that nothing is failure.-